How to lose weight fast without counting calories.
There are times when we all feel that we could lose a little, or a lot of, weight fast. Times when you find you just can’t squeeze into your jeans or the nice new dress that you have been saving for a special occasion.
Times when there just arn’t enough notches on your belt to let out. Losing weight by counting calories seems like a good idea but it can be so complicated that many people give up on their diets before they even start to lose weight. Life is hard enough without having to spend hours working out just how many calories an apple has and how many you have left for dinner.
I know that I really overendulged this Christmas just like pretty much every Chritsmas. But don’t waste time calorie counting if you really want to shed a few pounds and keep them off. The best way to lose weight fast is to make calorie counting a thing of the past. Here are ten top tips to help you achieve your weight loss goal.
Remember to always check with your own doctor before embarking on any diet regime.
Pure Garcinia Cambogia Extract Plus Green Coffee Beans – Two Strong Weight Loss Supplements Combined – Fat Burner, Carb Blocker, Appetite Suppressants. Great for Weight Loss and to Shift Nutrition. Ideal for Those Who Want to Burn Fat Faster Than with Diet and Sports Alone. (90 Capsules) Buy Now 1) Donít count calories and don’t diet in secret. Family, friends, colleagues etc can all help and encourage you to lose weight. You could even try to get a few people to sponsor your diet with the proceeds going to your favourite charity. The extra incentive could be just what you need to help you meet your target weight.
2) Use smaller plates, it sounds simple but this really does help you reduce portion sizes without even thinking about it, or having to go to all the trouble of calorie counting, and stop eating when you feel full, put any uneaten food into the fridge for later. This will not only save you calories but money too.
3) Always eat something before you shop. If you are hungry you are much more likely to buy fattening foods. Always plan your meals, make a shopping list and stick to it. Use the smallest trolley, youíll be surprised how much they hold. If an isle is full of sweets, crisps and calorie rich snacks – avoid it. Plan your route around the supermarket, start with the fresh fruit and veg, buy the staples such as milk, bread and toiletries and then hit the freezer section. The thought of your frozen goods defrosting will stop you from browsing and help you resist the temptation to buy more than you need. Avoid impulse buying. Try to get in line at the checkout without point of sale sweets and chocolate, there will be one in most supermarkets. Always park your car as far away from the entrance as possible, itís surprising how quickly the extra steps add up and the extra pounds fall off.
4) Exercise. Low impact aerobic exercise is best for weight loss.
You donít need expensive exercise equipment, although a stepper is something I would recommend. They are relatively inexpensive and donít take up much space. I often hop on mine when I am watching TV in the evening. Try to fit in a walk every day, the target to aim for is 10,000 steps. As a general rule if you walk at an average medium pace thatís about an hour and thirty minutes. Try timing yourself walking five hundred steps at your normal pace, times it by twenty and that is how long you need to walk every day. The dog will love you! If you donít have a dog maybe a friend or neighbour does, why not ask around. You could even turn it into a money making exercise, some people pay dog walkers, try advertising your services in the local paper or in shop windows. If you have a photocopier or printer make fliers and deliver them in your neighbourhood, if nothing else the walk will do you good.
An easy to follow exercise routine.Sunny Folding Climbing Stepper Buy Now 5) Cut down on sodium in your diet.Too much sodium causes water retention. Try switching to a low sodium salt. Avoid processed foods, they are often very high in sodium. Bottled mineral water can also contain a significant amount of sodium.
Check the label for an indication of the level. Some foods such as prawns, cooked chickpeas and dried apricots also hold a surprisingly high amount of sodium. Seek out low sodium varieties of these foods.
6) Keep healthy snacks such as carrot sticks, nuts, rice cakes, cherry tomatoes etc handy at all times. Avoid fruit juice drinks, they are often high in calories and low in fibre, eat the real thing instead. Drink plenty of water, itís cheap – tap water is fine, you know if yours is safe to drink and it helps to flush out your system and fill you up at the same time. The more you exercise the more water you will need. Avoid starchy veg such as potatoes.
7) Be patient. Real weight loss, the type that stays off, only comes slowly. Try to vary your diet as much as possible, if you have salad every day for dinner you will soon become bored and reach for the deep fat fryer.
8) Be realistic. Set yourself a target or 1-2 lbs loss per week and donít be discouraged if you donít make it one week, losing weight is a long journey not a short jog. Just as athletes can hit the wall, dieters can hit a plateau. If you increase the amount of exercise you do you may find that your weight remains the same for a short while, even though you are still decreasing your body fat content and getting healthier. Do not give up on your diet just because your weight stays the same for a week.
9) Weigh only once a week. Try to wear the same type of clothes and weigh at the same time of day. Weighing yourself first thing in the morning is usually best. We often gain weight throughout the day because of food and fluid consumption. Seeing the scales unchanged or giving a higher reading can really be upsetting and even cause you to give up your diet. All because you have jumped on the scales at the wrong time of day, or even the wrong time of the month!
10) Do not starve yourself. The old saying Ďbreakfast like a king, lunch like a lord and dine like a pauperí still holds true and if you stick to that you will lose weight. Donít worry if you occasionally fall off the wagon and add a pizza or a few chocolate biscuits to your days menu but do try to change the way you cook. Steam veg instead of boiling. Avoid frying. Switch fish for red meat sometimes. Substitute low fat yoghurt for cream. Remove the skin from chicken. Itís not rocket science, itís mostly common sense, if a thing looks like itís packed with fat and calories it probably is.
Check out my blog for some great tasting recipies.
Fat filled treat or fresh fruit goodness? See all 3 photos Cream cake. See all 3 photos Fresh fruit salad. No one is going to try to tell you that you can’t have the odd treat, in fact it might actually help you to stick to your diet if you reward yourself now and then. Just make sure that it is only as a reward and not a daily thing.
Yes, I know, I could eat it too! But the bowl of fresh fruit is much better for you, thatís low fat yoghurt by the wayÖhonestly.
It tastes great if you stir in a spoonful of honey and some orange zest.
Remember losing weight will not only make you look and feel better, it will make you healthier.
If you follow this simple rules you will lose weight fast and keep that weight off. Happy dieting.
Please take the time to take part in this very simple poll, thank you.Have you ever found a diet that included calorie counting to be successful in the long term?
See results without voting